Saturday, May 22, 2010

Charity focuses awareness on dense tissue and breast cancer risk

One of my memories from my time in the hospital is hearing several medical personnel comment that I had exceptionally dense breast tissue. I think the word concrete was used. It's almost funny, I ran into one of the radiologists who did my wire insertion and she did not recognize me until I said, "I was the one with the really dense tissue?"

"Oh yeah, I remember you!"

Since that time, just last year, more information has come out pointing to dense tissue as a risk factor. It also makes screening trickier, especially for many young women.

Today I discovered a website and a charity dedicated to raising awareness on just this issue. It's got a cute name, and they even have a music festival fundraiser.
http://www.areyoudense.org/

Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. before funding any charity. please visit, reform march of dimes.org (learn how charities misspend research dollars) & mrmcmed.org, animal research has NEVER been validated. "work on prevention of polio was LONG DELAYED by an erroneous conception of the nature of the human disease based on MISLEADING experimental models of the disease in monkeys" albert sabin, m.d., during a 1984 house subcommittee. (cancer) "if curing mouse cancers were enough. we would have cured cancer IN THE 60S" dr.donald morton, john wayne cancer institute. does your charity fund animal research? please visit, humaneseal.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love your blοg.. Excellent cοlors & thеme.

    Did yοu develop this site youгself? Pleаѕe
    reply back as I'm wanting to create my very own site and want to find out where you got this from or what the theme is called. Cheers!
    Stop by my homepage - loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete