Friday, April 8, 2011

Cali Considers a Breast Density Bill

"Like concrete!"

I can't remember which doctor made this comment about my poor breasts.

But I do remember running into one of the radiologists who did my wire insertion. She didn't recognize me dressed without a wire sticking out of me. I said "It's me, really dense breast tissue lady?"

Her face lit up with recognition.

Nobody had ever really talked about breast tissue density with me, I mean apparently I had tissue so dense Ted Drewes could name a dessert after me.

I guess dense tissue is a risk factor, and now a bill before the California State Senate would require a woman be told her density at a mammogram.

What do you think?  Are we just gonna freak out the dense but B-9 among us? I think if I had known this was a risk factor I would have started screening younger.
 
http://www.sunherald.com/2011/04/08/3011236/densetm-ca-and-are-you-dense-kick.html






No comments:

Post a Comment