Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm not sure this is better

While many supporters of Komen have breathed a sigh of relief at the reversal of the PP decision, it actually left me feeling a bit more concerned about the organization.

What concerned me was not the funding choice, but the way they defended themselves.

The claim that this was not a political decision seems hard to believe.

They wanted to end their relationship with a controversial, headline making grantee.

I believe they were hoping to steer clear of politics, something I actually think could be defended.

If they had clearly explained their rationale for the decision, if they had presented an alternative way of funding screening, they might have had some people unhappy but it would probably not have engendered the snowball of fury.

Transparency. In the news biz, when we make a mistake, transparency helps.

Own up to what happened, and explain what is going to change.

I may be alone here, but I actually lost faith in their integrity. The flip-flop seems like a knee jerk reaction.

This may seem crass, but really they need to focus group these big decisions.

Does anyone watch, "The Good Wife," on CBS? They need a real life Ari Gold.











1 comment:

  1. I bought this magazine like last month. Near the end of last month or mid-month. Inside the magazine contained an offer of two magazines for this amount of money and stuff etc. I looked for the expiration date and there was non at all. Does this mean I can still order using this form?

    ReplyDelete