Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pickler's Buzz Cut

Summer Holt Miller (on left) and Kellie Pickler (on right) Summer Holt Miller (on left) and Kellie Pickler (on right). 

Courtesy: Russ HarringtonCourtesy: Russ Harrington
So former American Idol contestant and sassy broad Kelli Pickler shaved her head to support a friend with breast cancer.

The gesture is lovely, but I always wonder, if women really want these gestures.

I think if it were me, I might not want to be reminded of cancer every time I look at my friend.

But to each her own.

Both ladies do still look really pretty.

Your thoughts?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/kellie-pickler-shaves-head-support-cancer-stricken-best-friend-summer-holt-miller-article-1.1152412

Photo from NY Daily News

2 comments:

  1. I strongly discouraged my family and friends from shaving their heads in support of me when I was going through breast cancer treatments. I hated losing my hair and I told them I would so much rather enjoy all their lush hair while I couldn't enjoy my own. I could experience "hair" vicariously through them.

    That said, I don't object to the whole head-shaving thing in support of others. And yes, what a couple of beautiful women these are ... bald or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather for the thoughtful comment!

    ReplyDelete