Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kat blogs about Lymphedema

When I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer I got a lot of great medical support, and hope for a cure.

Lymphedema, not so much.

Sadly many breast surgeons seem in denial about the risk and just how much the condition impacts our quality of life.

Heck my spell checker doesn't even recognize the word!

Sorry to whine, but it's been tougher than cancer in a lot of ways.

Anyhow I happened upon this blog when the author posted a comment in a really great new series in the New York Times. I'll post about that soon.

She seems to really like to write about shoes as well...but still it's the first lymphedema blog I have come across.


http://nummyz.wordpress.com/








3 comments:

  1. I am so grateful that you posted this. My husband and I are planning to fly to Salt Lake City in June to visit my daughter. I would never have known. My doctor never said a thing about this risk. Thank you so much! -Megan-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting about my blog!

    ReplyDelete