Friday, July 8, 2011

The Pink Haze

This is a pretty darn interesting article, suggesting that the traditional feminine rose-colored breast cancer PSA's may actually make women turn the other way.

It's interesting because until now, the pink vs. no pink debate has been mostly theoretical.

While I get overwhelmed by all the crazy pink products, and for some reason the NFL pink really pushes my buttons, I also appreciate the simplicity of the symbolism.

I appreciate that at least there is awareness of our disease. Having something that is unknown really isn't easier.

Plenty of women I respect have stronger opinions, and wouldn't mind seeing every pink ribbon go away.

I suppose some tasteful moderation is too much to hope for?

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2011/07/07/should-breast-cancer-ads-play-up-the-pink/

1 comment:

  1. well I think this is the right color because all kind of woman likes and enjoy it and apart of every thing is very female

    ReplyDelete