Friday, March 12, 2010

A little light reading

Ah March.

My least favorite month of the year.

I don't mind winter, really I don't, but my snowshoes are done for the season. Something about the grey, wet, windy weather makes this month hard for me. Although I loved living in Maine, they actually have March weather about 8 months a year.

I've been done with radiation about a month and my moods remind me of the "Wheel of Fortune." One moment I feel like I have hit the jackpot, the next I feel bankrupt.

So I have decided I need a little more help than I can find on the web. I now own brand new copies of:

- Our own Hester Hill Schnipper's "After Breast Cancer, A Common-Sense Guide to Life after Treatment."
-"Living Well Beyond Breast Cancer" by BreastCancer.Org founder Marisa Weiss M.D.
-"Coping with the Emotional Impact of Cancer" by Neil A. Fiore, Ph.D.
and "The Concise Family Seder" just in case nobody invites me for Passover.

I am actually looking forward to a Tonya vs. Nancy, Angelina vs. Jen, Crystal vs. Alexis, type rumble between Hester and Marisa Weiss's books. So far, Hester's is lighter and easier to take on the subway, but hey, I won't judge a book by it's heft or cover.

Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne,
    These sound like terrific selections. I'm so glad to part of your loop and thank you for becoming such a wonderful advocate so early in your recovery. Let me know if I can make it easier for you in any way. Many of us have discussed how difficult the post-treatment transition is.

    Have a great weekend,
    Jody

    PS -- next year I think we should have a "join our loop" virtual Seder.

    ReplyDelete