Friday, April 16, 2010

Breast cancer survivors planning to spend year sailing around the world!

I love stories about women who do amazing things after surviving breast cancer. Emma Pontin has sailed around the world, and says that being on the water helped soothe her soul after her 2006 diagnosis and double mastectomy.
According to the article below she is planning a year long round-the-world voyage in 2011 with a crew of 42 breast cancer survivors. I know participating in something like that is a daydream for many of us, but who knows maybe a Loop reader will be on that crew?
At least her adventure serves as inspiration for the rest of us, not to stop expanding our horizons.
Suzanne


"I want people to understand that if you go through breast cancer, you can do anything. Some people who've had breast cancer or going through it just sit at home all day, on their sofas and don't know how to handle it.
"And I want to tell this people: 'Do something amazing, cross an ocean, bring it on!"
"And the truth is," said Pontin, "We've got to think 'I fought for my life, now I'm going to live it.'"

 Here is a link to her personal website, with more information about her voyage.

Image from sailforfun.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment