Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dog Years

Maybe it's the new decade, but a lot of my early stage bc sisters have been wondering about the future lately.
What will our lives be like, assuming we stay disease free?

Celebrating my first New Year's Eve as a cancer patient was a profound experience.
Just after midnight my friend who is being treated for pancreatic cancer turned to me and said, "I wasn't sure I would see 2010."
So yes-
I am happy and grateful to be on the mend, but I wonder, will all my future January 1sts be a reminder I am lucky to be alive?

Do I now number my days in a sort of cancer-survivor dog years?
Will I ever stop surviving and just start living?
Cure Magazine has a pretty impressive website, and this article does a good job of adressing some of these concerns.
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment