Friday, February 5, 2010

Painting with breasts and heart

And now for something completely different.

When I first read the description of this story, women literally using their breasts as painting implements, I wasn't sure if our readers would perceive it as oddball or frivolous. But when I watched the piece, from the local CBS affiliate in Atlanta I was won over. 

The story is framed with a woman facing a BRCA diagnosis and a sister with a second breast cancer. The photojournalism and writing is also exceptional and sensitive. I sometimes judge awards for TV news, and I think this story may very well win some.

So take a look at a very unique way of raising funds and awareness.

Suzanne

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/video/22470546/index.html
Image from keetsa.com

2 comments:

  1. this to me being a long tern stage 3 survivor and a artist was quite interesting brave. loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment...it was very unique!

    ReplyDelete